How to Submit Artist and Curator Proposals
Northwind Arts Center (NAC) Exhibitions Committee is seeking artists and guest curators for exhibits in the NAC Exhibit Gallery in 2019 and 2020.
All submissions must be received on or before midnight March 1, 2018. No submissions for 2019 or 2020 will be accepted after that date.
Exhibit Gallery Artists
Only submissions with the following information will be considered (note: we will not extract this requested information from your website, so please provide it):
- Current Artist Statement and Bio
- Proposal for exhibit
2-D or 3-D? Theme?
- Number, sizes and price range of artwork
- Six images of artwork (as email attachments) or your website link. Please refer to Guidelines for digital media before submitting images.
- Are you willing to offer an adult or children’s workshop during the exhibit?
Our gallery rarely presents solo exhibits. Please suggest an artist with whom you’d like to share your exhibit? How does their work complement yours? If you have no suggestions, the Exhibitions Committee will pair you with one or more artists of their choice.
If you are interested in curating one of our exhibits, please submit the following:
- Current Artist Statement and Bio
- Exhibit description / theme
- Number of artists, pieces and type of work
- Images of artists’ work or website access to each artist. Please refer to the Digital Image Requirements page on our website before submitting images.
- Are you or any of your artists willing to offer workshops, school partnerships, or other activities for the community?
You will be assigned a curator from Northwind to assist in publicity and other requirements.
Please submit entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinate with artists on:
- Artist Talk/Demo
- Selection of works, artists’ statements/bios
- Publicity materials
- Information sheet for docent’s walk-through if juror/artist is not available
Refer to Artist Showcase Policies and Procedures for submissions information.
Juried exhibits are held several times each year, and will be listed in our Exhibit Gallery Schedule. A show prospectus will be made available at Northwind Arts Center and online 4-5 weeks before the entry deadline. Check the Calls For Artists page on our web site for the prospectus which will specify all requirements for artists wishing to submit works, along with the show calendar (dates for submission & pickup of work, and the show start & end), a Northwind contact will be listed for each show. Most shows require that artists bring in their original work for selection, however entries to the annual Art Port Townsend event are selected from images.
Art Port Townsend Artists’ Studio Tour
Artists who wish to participate in the tour should contact Northwind Arts Center for more information and forms; generally the call for studio tour artists begins several months before each year’s event. The entry fee helps to cover the costs of the brochure, signs, and publicity provided by Northwind Arts Center. Read more about this festival...
Workshop and Art Talk Proposals
Artists who wish to lead a workshop, or share expertise in an art talk should contact the Northwind Arts Center.
Publicity for Invitational and Juried Shows
Northwind Arts Center will help you ensure your exhibit is well attended, but it is essential that you and your contact/curator begin the publicity process at least eight weeks in advance of the event. We cannot expect good attendance at your exhibit without your timely participation. Please contact Northwind Arts Center for more information.