Metal sculpture and acrylic/mixed media painting
Click thumbnail image to see slideshow with more detail.
Visitors will be able to see my metal shop and are welcome to discuss the tools, materials, and methods I use in creating sculptures. There will be works in progress in the shop and a separate gallery space will be set up with a display of finished sculptures and paintings. Some older works will be available at a reduced price for the Studio Tour. The studio is attached to our home and visitors are welcome to walk through our gardens and see some of the outdoor sculptures.
From Port Townsend:
- Take Highway 20 out of Port Townsend.
- Turn right at the light at the “Welcome to Port Townsend” sign, and take an immediate left onto Discovery Road.
- Go approximately 3 miles to the Discovery Bay Golf Course
- Take a right onto Cape George Road
- Take a right at Blue Sky Drive.
- Take the next right onto Discovery Ridge Road
- Take another right onto Blue Ridge Road.
- The studio is near the end of the street. It is a narrow road so please drive slowly and park on the east (address side) shoulder only.
My sculpture works are abstract, non-objective assemblies that incorporate simple geometrical elements combined to express a sense of energy and motion. My paintings are also mostly abstract explorations of shape, texture, motion, and color. I create each sculpture by cutting, bending, and welding mild steel. Most of my sculptures are finished with a dark patina to emphasize the shape, texture, and motion within the piece. Inspiration comes from almost anything – patterns in nature, machinery, everyday objects, or from a visual memory. (click for more details...)
Studio is open by appointment during the remainder of the year.